This is a role play of a Constitutional Convention to help students understand participative democracy.
1. Each student is assigned as a delegate to the Constitutional Convention of .
2. In tutorials each student presents a five minute presentation of their chosen constitutional reform or why the constitution should remain unchanged. Students are expected to role play using appropriate language, "fellow delegate".
3. Each student also writes a briefing paper arguing their proposal reform in detail.
4. Following presentations, the lecture is set up as a Constitutional Convention Plenary.
5. A summary of the presentations by unit co-coordinator is presented and is followed by debate and contributions from students. Reform proposal is voted upon.
Delegate speech in tutorials and briefing paper are assessed. Attendance and participation in Plenary are not. It is possible to run a modified online version of this task