Upon completion of a Bachelor degree with a major in Political Science, graduates will be able to:
Knowledge and understanding
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the nature and significance of politics and governance.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of differences in political systems and the contexts in which they operate.
- Apply concepts and theories used in the study of political science to the analysis of interests, ideas, institutions and political behaviour.
- Critically evaluate different interpretations of political phenomena.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different research methods used to investigate political phenomena.
- Demonstrate the capacity to use the different research methods used to investigate political phenomena.
- Demonstrate the capacity to develop evidence-based argument and evaluation.
- Gather, organise and use evidence from a variety of secondary and primary sources.
- Identify, investigate, analyse, formulate and advocate solutions to problems.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written work.
- Recognise the importance of ethical standards of conduct in the research and analysis of politics.