Upon completion of a bachelor degree with a major in History, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of at least one period or culture of the past.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a variety of conceptual approaches to interpreting the past.
- Show how History and historians shape the present and the future.
- Identify and interpret a wide variety of secondary and primary materials.
- Examine historical issues by undertaking research according to the methodological and ethical conventions of the discipline.
- Analyse historical evidence, scholarship and changing representations of the past.
- Construct an evidence-based argument or narrative in audio, digital, oral, visual or written form.
- Identify and reflect critically on the knowledge and skills developed in their study of History.
These TLOs may be achieved through a combination of individual and collaborative work.